Lose the Pooch: 5 Exercises to Get Rid of The Mommy Tummy
I often get asked “How can I lose my mommy pooch?” Well, I can certainly tell you that it does not happen overnight, but it IS possible. Along with a clean diet and consistent exercise, you will get there.
Here are 5 of the best moves to get rid of your tummy pooch-for good!
Seated Ab Twists
1. Begin in a seated position on your mat.
2. Lift both legs up and off the floor while supporting balance with both hands behind you.
3. Keeping your upper body completely stationary, slowly twist your lower body to the right side as far as you can while maintaining control.
4. Bring your legs back to center.
5. Slowly twist to the other side.
Inverted V Plank
1. Start in forearm plank position.
2. Keep abs in tight and press down through your shoulders and arms as you lift your hips up to the ceiling and your chest in towards your feet.
3. Hold for 5-10 seconds.
4. Return to forearm plank position and repeat.
1. Lie down on the floor with your legs fully extended and arms to the side of your torso with the palms on the floor. Your arms should be stationary for the entire exercise.
2. Move your legs up so that your thighs are perpendicular to the floor and feet are together and parallel to the floor. This is the starting position.
3. While inhaling, move your legs towards the torso as you roll your pelvis backwards and you raise your hips off the floor. At the end of this movement your knees will be touching your chest.
4. Hold the contraction for a second and move your legs back to the starting position while exhaling.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Downward Dog Knee Tuck
1. Begin in downward facing dog, then raise your left leg to move into down-dog split.
2. Bend your left knee and pull it toward your forehead.
3. Straighten the leg back, then bring the knee outside your left elbow.
4. Straighten the leg again, then bring the knee toward your right elbow.
5. Switch legs and repeat.
Supplementation helps you get the macros you need without having to eat it all in your diet (which can be nearly impossible to do anyway). It also helps to speed up your weight loss or muscle gaining journey.
My favorite supplement? A good ole fashioned protein powder. After your workout, you need a quick form of protein for your body to use in order to feed your muscles ASAP. Yes, timing matters! It’s best to ingest your protein powder within 30 minutes after a workout is completed to get the maximum benefit.
Whether or not you choose to use supplements-more power to you! Rock on, ladies.
For those who are interested in trying supplements-I highly recommend MRM. They are USA made (in California) and I’ve been with them for 3 years now. I love the natural whey protein in strawberry or chocolate. I also use their BCAA Reload, Driven, and Fish Oil.
Use my personal discount code at checkout for 40% off your entire order, every order.