« Back to recipes
Butternut Squash & Maca Chili
Butternut squash and maca chili is the perfect meal for the whole family! It's vegan, gluten-free, easy to make, and delicious! Plus- any leftovers will make for the perfect lunch!
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, diced
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 1 Large White Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 8oz Can Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 8oz Can Black Beans, drained
- 2 16oz Cans Organic Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp MRM Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp MRM Maca Powder
- 3 Tbsp Light Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot on high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Gently cook for 3-4 minutes being careful not to brown.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, and turmeric then gently cook for another 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the butternut squash and chopped tomatoes then bring to a boil. Cover the pot with the lid and bring down heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans (kidney and black) and maca powder and stir to combine. Bring back to a simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until the chili is nice and thick.
- Remove the pot from heat and adjust seasoning as preferred.
- Serve with some brown rice and garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Copyrights 2018 MRM-USA.COM
* These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.